If you follow along on my blog or my instagram, it is likely that you have seen me talk about Boxycharm. I have been receiving Boxycharm since March 2017 all the way through December of 2018. I even received the first BoxyLuxe. Therefore, I think it is safe to say, I stan. However, I recently had to unsubscribe. After unsubscribing, I started to wonder: how much have I actually spent? Is Boxycharm worth it? As a result, this blog post is going to be just about that. I went through every boxycharm I received from January 2018 through December 2018 and noted all of the products I still use and would repurchase to see if Boxycharm is really worth the cost.
I figure the best way to do this is just go month-by-month and only list the products that I still use regularly and would actually repurchase. The first six months have in depth blog posts, so I will link those as well as provide direct links to check out each product.So here we go!
- Dr. Brandt pores no more® Luminizer Primer $38
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power™ Universal Brow Pencil $24
- PUR Cosmetics Bronze & Brighten Cheek Palette
- PUR Cosmetics Plumping Lip Exfoliator (originally $17, no longer available)
- Cover FX Shimmer Veil- Amethyst $28
- Wander Beauty Unlashed Volume & Curl Mascara $24
- Farmacy Bright On Massage-Activated Vitamin C Mask with Echinacea GreenEnvy™ $38
- Note Cosmetics Luminous Silk Compact Blusher in Desert Rose $12
August: All in all, there was nothing from my August Boxy that I would repurchase or that I continue to use consistently. The Laura Lee Party Animal palette stains terribly and did not blend well, and the Wander Beauty under eye masks were nice but I would not repurchase
- Alamar Cosmetics The Ojitos Brush Trio $18
- Grande Cosmetics GrandeLIPS Plumping Liquid Lipstick Semi-Matte in Rebel Rose $25
September BoxyLuxe (additional $28.99)
- Tarte Cosmetics Park Ave Princess Chisel Palette $45
- Luxie 732 Airbrush Foundation Brush $38
- Juice Beauty STEM CELLULAR Anti-Wrinkle Booster Serum $80
- Sol De Janeiro Glow Oil $35
- The Vintage Cosmetic Company Dolly Bow Make-Up Headband $5
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water $32
- Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm Mini $22
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara $24
- Luxie Luminous Eye Brush Set $30
- Cover Fx Glitter Drops $44
- Ace Beaute Grandiose Eyeshadow Palette $25
- Bodyography Lip Liner $12
- Pretty Vulgar The Powder Room Translucent Setting Powder $32
- Tarte Tarteist™ Shimmering Lip Paint $20
- Suva Beauty Protégé Palette $34
Boxycharm is a monthly subscription box that cost $21. Over the course of the past year, I spent $252 plus an additional $28.99 for the first BoxyLuxe. To sum up, my total spent for the last year was $281 ???? Thats a ton of money! As I started going month by month to see which products I really loved, I was super picky because I really wanted to know if I got more than $281 of value from my boxes. So drumroll please ????????????????????
Only including products I really really love and use on a fairly consistent basis, the total value from Boxycharm for the last year was $853! ????
Not going to lie, I am insanely surprised. While I did end up giving away or donating a love of products, I loved enough products that means I received x3 more than what I paid. Not going to lie, I am kind of regretting cancelling my Boxycharm and maybe be resubscribing sooner rather than later.
Do you receive Boxycharm? If you’d like to subscribe, check it out here.